TIPS BEFORE STARTING:
It's best to use a kitchen scale whenever possible. If you don't yet own a scale, these recipes are based upon 'lightly packed' measuring cups, so whether you use the 'dip and sweep' method of measuring or the 'spooning into the cup' method, always gently press down on the mix in the measuring cup and add more to fill the cup, as necessary.
1 1/3 C MULTI-USE BAKERY MIX (162g)
1/2 C S'WEEET! Sweetener Blend (70g)
or 1/3 C real Sugar *see below for substitutions
2 t Baking Powder
1 Stick Butter (112g)
2/3 C Milk (153g)
1 Egg (50g)
1. Pre-heat your oven to 350°F and fill a buttered 9" x 13" pan with fruit filling.
2. Measure 1 1/3 cups Bakery Mix into a bowl. Stir in baking powder and granulated sweetener.
3. In another medium-size bowl, combine melted butter, milk, and egg.
4. Whisk together the dry ingredients with the wet.
5. Spoon the mixture over the fruit and bake until golden and bubbly, about 26 - 30 minutes.
*SWEETENERS VARY tremendously and will affect the outcome of all baked goods.
We suggest using our new sweetener blend, S'WEEET!, real sugar or a substitute such as Lakanto's Baking Blend, or Mrs. Jones blend (which contains sugar). If you prefer to bake with a liquid sweetener, you will likely need to add a 1-2 T more Bakery Mix. Allulose and kabocha-based sweeteners will make baked goods very soft and not crispy. Erythritol can make them firm and more crumbly.
1. To bring eggs to room temperature quickly, set them in a glass of very warm water.
2. Melted butter should be warm not hot when adding to a recipe.
3. Most recipes work with either salted or unsalted butter.
4. Metal pans brown and crisp more than glass pans.
5. Glass pans take longer to come to temperature.
6. Ovens vary, so bake times may need to be adjusted.