NOTES BEFORE STARTING:
1. It's best to use a kitchen scale whenever possible. If you don't yet own a scale, these recipes are based upon 'lightly packed' measuring cups, so whether you use the 'dip and sweep' method of measuring or the 'spooning into the cup' method, always gently press down on the mix in the measuring cup and add more to fill the cup, as necessary.
2. Melted butter should be warm not hot when adding to a recipe.
3. Most recipes work with either salted or
5. Ovens vary, so bake times may need to be adjusted.
1 1/2 C MULTI-USE BAKERY MIX (187g)
*1/3 C S'WEEET! Sweetener Blend or 1/4 C
real Sugar (47g) *see below
6 T Melted Butter (56g)
1 - 2 t Vanilla Extract or Water
1/4 - 1/2 t Cinnamon (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 325°F.
2. In a small bowl, combine all of the ingredients until a crumbly mixture forms.
3. Refrigerate if necessary to cool for easier handling. Crumble on top of pie filling before baking or bake on a sheet pan until golden, for a crunchy dessert topping.
SWEETENERS VARY tremendously. We do not recommend substitutions in this recipe
Allulose and kabocha-based sweeteners will make baked goods soft and not crispy. Erythritol can make them firm and more crumbly.
We suggest using our new sweetener blend, S'WEEET, real sugar or a substitute such as Lakanto's Baking Blend, or Mrs. Jones blend (which contains sugar).