1 C S'WEEET! Sweetener Blend (140g)
1/2 C Palm Shortening (112g)
4 T Cream (60g)
1/2-1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2-1 t Almond Extract
pinch of Sea Salt
*For BUTTERCREAM FROSTING:
Replace shortening with salted butter and omit the salt. Reduce Cream to 2 T.
There is a significant flavor difference between the butter and palm shortening.
We recommend tasting both!
Recipe will frost 12 cupcakes, 1 cake layer, or 2 - 6" cakes.
1. In a small saucepan or microwave safe bowl, melt the shortening or butter until very warm
to the touch.
2. Whisk in the cream, extracts and salt, if using.
3. Whisk in the S'WEEET! until smooth. It should resemble sweetened condensed milk.
4. Refrigerate until cool enough to whip, about 30 minutes to an hour.
5. Transfer the mixture into the bowl of a stand mixer and whip until fluffy. You can use a hand-held mixer, but it's much easier with a stand mixer.
6. The frosting can also be used as a glaze on cinnamon rolls, etc., without whipping.
Make sure to add the liquids to the butter or shortening before adding S'WEEET!
"It won't combine like sweetened condensed milk"
A: The butter was too hot when you added the dry sweetener. Let cool more, stirring periodically until smooth and emulsified.
"Frosting is Lumpy"
A: The butter wasn't warm enough when you added the dry mix. Keep whipping until lumps disappear.
"You refrigerated it too long and it became too hard to whip"
A: Let it rest on the counter until room temperature or soft enough to whip.