It's best to use a kitchen scale whenever possible. If you don't yet own a scale, these recipes are based upon 'lightly packed' measuring cups, so whether you use the 'dip and sweep' method of measuring or the 'spooning into the cup' method, always gently press down on the mix in the measuring cup and add more to fill the cup, as necessary.
1. Melted butter should be warm not hot when adding to a recipe.
3. Metal pans brown and crisp more than glass pans.
4. Glass pans take longer to come to temperature.
5. Ovens vary, so bake times may need to be adjusted.
1 Pie unbaked Crust, prepared per MULTI-USE BAKERY MIX instructions
1/3 C MULTI-USE BAKERY MIX (41g)
1 1/2 C S'WEEET! Sweetener Blend (210g) *see below for substitutions
1/3 C Cocoa Powder (33g)
1 1/2 Stick Melted Butter (168g)
3 Lg Eggs (150g)
3 T Water (45g) (or preferred Liquor, may omit extracts below)
1 T Vanilla Extract
1 t Almond Extract
Makes 1 - 9" Pie
We think this pie is best when slightly under-baked!
1. Pre-heat your oven to 325°F
2. In a small bowl, stir together the Multi-Use Bakery Mix, S'WEEET! and Cocoa Powder.
3. In a medium-size bowl, whisk together the butter, eggs, water and extracts.
3. Add the baking mix blend and whisk until a smooth batter forms.
4. Spread batter into the prepared pie crust.
5. Bake on the center rack for approximately 20-24 minutes.
The pie should be soft to the touch and look under-cooked in the center.
6. Best served warm with ice cream!
SWEETENERS VARY tremendously and will affect the outcome of all baked goods
We suggest using our new sweetener blend, S'WEEET!, real sugar or a substitute such as Swerve (IMO+ Erythritol) Lakanto's Baking Blend, or Mrs. Jones blend (which contains sugar). Allulose and kabocha-based sweeteners will make baked goods very soft and not crispy. Erythritol can make them firm and more crumbly.
*SWEETENER SUBSTITUTIONS: To substitute S'WEEET! for real Sugar use 1 C (the weight is about the same as 1 1/2 C of S'weeet! 210g). This recipe has not yet been tested with other sweeteners such as Allulose, Erythritol, Swerve or Bocha Sweet.