NOTES & TIPS :
1. It's best to use a kitchen scale whenever possible. If you don't yet own a scale, these recipes are based upon 'lightly packed' measuring cups, so whether you use the 'dip and sweep' method of measuring or the 'spooning into the cup' method, always gently press down on the mix in the measuring cup and add more to fill the cup, as necessary.
2. The liquid egg whites in the carton are easy to use when the recipe calls for several egg whites.
3. Breads will keep 7-10 days refrigerated or frozen up to a year.
2 1/2 C MULTI-USE BREAD MIX (313g)
1 C Egg Whites (240g)
1 1/2 C Room Temperature Water (360g)
3 T Apple Cider Vinegar (45g)
Makes 6-8 for large buns or 12 slider buns.
Pre-heat your oven to 375°.
1. In a large bowl, combine the wet ingredients.
2. Measure and add the dry mix to the bowl of liquids, and use your fingers to briskly 'whisk' to combine.
3. Cover and let the dough rest a few minutes, then use your hands to knead and squeeze the dough about 40 seconds (or about 40 squeezes). The dough will tighten up as you knead it.
4. Use damp hands to divide the dough into 6-12 sections, depending on the size buns you want.
5. Roll into balls and press into a patty for wider, thinner buns, or leave more rounded for taller buns. Shape into fat cigar shapes for hotdog buns.
6. Place on a lined sheet pan and bake about 26-30 minutes.