1 C S'WEEET! Sweetener Blend (140g)
3 T Cocoa Powder (30g)
1 Stick Salted Butter (112g)
2 T Milk or 4 T Cream (30-60g)
1/2 t Vanilla
Frosts 12 cupcakes, 1 cake layer,
or 2 - 6" cakes.
1. In a small saucepan or microwave safe bowl, melt the butter or shortening until
very warm to the touch.
2. Whisk in milk or cream and extracts.
3. Whisk in the S'WEEET! until smooth.
4. Once cooled, use as is or refrigerate about an hour, until cool enough to whip.
5. Transfer the mixture into the bowl of a stand mixer and whip until fluffy. You can use a hand-held mixer, but it's much easier with a stand mixer. Whipping makes the frosting lighter in color.
Make sure to add the liquids to the butter before adding in S'WEEET!
"It won't combine like sweetened condensed milk"
A: The butter was too hot when you added the dry sweetener. Let cool more, stirring periodically until smooth and emulsified.
"Frosting is Lumpy"
A: The butter wasn't warm enough when you added the dry mix. Keep whipping until lumps disappear.
"You refrigerated it too long and it became too hard to whip"
A: Let it rest on the counter until room temperature or soft enough to whip.
ABOUT S'WEEET! Sweetening Blend
While the FDA has recently reclassified IMO as a 'non-digestible carbohydrate' rather than a fiber, studies show that it creates a very modest rise, if any, in blood sugar levels. It is generally very well tolerated and does not cause digestive upset in most people as erythritol, xylitol and many other sweeteners do. Our IMO is derived from the starch of the cassava plant (tapioca) and is blended with pure monk fruit for more sweetness. See our website for more info.
We've tested many sugar substitutes with our recipes and we can honestly say the S'WEEET! performs more closely to sugar in baked goods than all the others we tested.