1/2 Stick Salted Butter (56g)
2/3 C Cream or Coconut Milk (180g)
2/3 C Water (180g)
1 t Molasses (optional)
1/2 C S'WEEET! (140g)
1/2 C Allulose, Cane Sugar or Honey
1 t Vanilla Extract
1. In a medium-size pan, melt the butter.
2. Whisk in the cream, water, molasses and sweeteners. Whisk until completely dissolved.
3. Stir and heat until simmering.
4. Simmer, uncovered stirring occassionally for about 6 minutes.
5. Caramel will thicken more as it cools. The longer it is cooked the thicker it will be.
If the caramel splits (usually cooking at too high temperature) remove from heat, cool for 5 minutes, return to low heat, and gently whisk in a tablespoon of water, until it comes back together.
ABOUT S'WEEET! Sweetener Blend
While the FDA has recently reclassified IMO as a 'non-digestible carbohydrate' rather than a fiber, studies show that it creates a very modest rise, if any, in blood sugar levels. It is generally very well tolerated and does not cause digestive upset in most people as erythritol, xylitol and many other sweeteners do. Our IMO is derived from the starch of the cassava plant (tapioca) and is blended with pure monk fruit for more sweetness. See our website for more info.