TIPS BEFORE STARTING:
1. It's best to use a kitchen scale whenever possible. If you don't yet own a scale, these recipes are based upon 'lightly packed' measuring cups, so whether you use the 'dip and sweep' method of measuring or the 'spooning into the cup' method, always gently press down on the mix in the measuring cup and add more to fill the cup, as necessary.
2. For a softer crust, store in a plastic bag, and for a crispier crust store in a paper bag.
3. Re-crisp the crust in a 400° oven for about 10 minutes.
4. Breads will keep 7 - 10 days refrigerated or frozen up to a year.
2 C MULTI-USE BREAD MIX (250g)
1 1/4 C Water (300g)
2/3 C Egg Whites (160g)
1 T Apple Cider Vinegar (15g)
1 - 2 t of your favorite herb (optional)
Makes 8 Rolls
Pre-heat your oven to 375°.
1. In a large bowl, combine the wet ingredients.
2. Measure and add the dry mix to the bowl of liquids, and use your fingers to briskly 'whisk' to combine.
3. Let the dough rest a few minutes to firm up then, knead and squeeze the dough for 30-40 seconds.
4. Use a dough scooper or damp hands to divide the dough into sections 8 sections.
5. Roll each section into balls and place on a lined sheet pan and bake about 26-30 minutes.