TIPS BEFORE STARTING :
1. It's best to use a kitchen scale whenever possible. If you don't yet own a scale, these recipes are based upon 'lightly packed' measuring cups, so whether you use the 'dip and sweep' method of measuring or the 'spooning into the cup' method, always gently press down on the mix in the measuring cup and add more to fill the cup, as necessary.
2. Breads will keep 7-10 days refrigerated or frozen up to a year.
1 C plus 2 T MULTI-USE SOURDOUGH
1 C plus 2 T Room Temperature Water
1 Egg (50g)
1 T Olive Oil or Butter (15g)
Pre-heat your oven to 375°. Spray or line a sheet pan.
1. In a large bowl, combine the wet ingredients.
2. Measure and add the Sourdough Mix to the bowl of liquids.
3. Hold the bowl with one hand and use the fingers of your other hand to 'whisk' and combine the wet with the dry.
3. Keep mixing until it begins to form a batter, then cover and let the dough rest 15 minutes.
4. Use your hands to knead and squeeze the dough 1-2 minutes. The dough will tighten up as
you knead it.
5. Use damp hands to divide the dough into 4-6 sections.
6. Roll into balls, then press between two sheets of parchment paper (a rolling pin works good here) to about 1/8-1/4 inch thickness.
7. Grill on a non-stick or slightly oiled pan, about 3 minutes per side.