TIPS BEFORE STARTING:
1. It's best to use a kitchen scale whenever possible. If you don't yet own a scale, these recipes are based upon 'lightly packed' measuring cups, so whether you use the 'dip and sweep' method of measuring or the 'spooning into the cup' method, always gently press down on the mix in the measuring cup and add more to fill the cup, as necessary.
2. Ovens vary, so bake times may need to be adjusted.
1 1/3 C MULTI-USE SOURDOUGH MIX (167g)
1 1/2 C Milk (360g)
4 T Honey (60g) divided
1/2 C Softened Cream Cheese
1/3 C Jam, Preserves or Fruit
Pre-heat your oven to 375° and line a sheet pan with parchment paper..
1. In a medium-size bowl, whisk together the milk and 2 tablespoons honey.
2. Whisk in the Sourdough Mix, cover and let the batter rest 15 minutes.
3. Squeeze and knead the batter with your hands for a minute. It will tighten up into a soft dough as you knead it.
3. Divide the dough into 6 sections and using damp hands, roll into balls and place on the prepared baking sheet.
4. Use the palm of your hand to press each ball flat, about 1/2 inch thick. Use a spoon or your thumb to make a large divot or crater on top.
5. Combine the other 2 tablespoons honey with the soft cream cheese and spread each crater with the mixture. Then top with the jam.
6. Bake 24-28 minutes, or until golden brown on the edges.
7. Once cool, sprinkle with powdered sweetener or drizzle with a frosting glaze, if desired.