We suggest using our new sweetener blend, S'WEEET! for our cookie recipes. It makes the best cookies!
1. It's best to use a kitchen scale whenever possible. If you don't yet own a scale, these recipes are based upon 'lightly packed' measuring cups, so whether you use the 'dip and sweep' method of measuring or the 'spooning into the cup' method, always gently press down on the mix in the measuring cup and add more to fill the cup, as necessary.
2. We suggest baking off one cookie before baking the entire batch. This way, if you use substitutions (ie different sweeteners) or you don't weigh your ingredients, you can adjust the dough with a tablespoon more mix if the cookie is too flat, or add a little more soft butter or 1-2 tsp of liquid if the cookie doesn't spread enough. See below for *Sweetener Substitutions.
3/4 C MULTI-USE BAKERY MIX (94g)
3/4 C S'WEEET! Sweetener Blend (105) *see below for substitutions
1 C Peanut Butter (240g)
1 stick soft Butter (112g)
1 Lg Egg (50g)
1-2 t Vanilla Extract
Makes 12 Cookies
1. Pre-heat your oven to 350°F.
2. In a medium size bowl, combine the sweetener with our Bakery Mix.
3. In another bowl combine the butter, peanut butter, egg, and extracts and mix until well combined.
4. Combine the wet and dry ingredients together and let the dough rest in the refrigerator until firm enough to handle.
5, Portion onto a greased or lined sheet pan and roll into balls.
6. Flatten each dough ball with a fork in a criss-cross pattern.
6. Bake about 10-14 minutes.
For VEGAN COOKIES: Use S'weeet or sugar as your sweetener (we cannot guarantee results with other sweeteners) and replace the egg with 3 T nut milk. Use a butter substitute. If using coconut oil, reduce the amount to 7 tablespoons.
*SWEETENERS VARY tremendously and will affect the final outcome of ALL baked goods.
We suggest using our new sweetener blend, S'weeet!, real sugar or a substitute such as Swerve (IMO + Erythritol) Lakanto's Baking Blend, or Mrs. Jones blend (which contains sugar). If you prefer to bake with a liquid sweetener, you will likely need to an add additional 1-4 T Bakery Mix. Allulose and kabocha-based sweeteners (such as Bocha Sweet) will make baked goods very soft and not crispy. Erythritol can make them firm and more crumbly.
*SWEETENER SUBSTITUTIONS: To substitute S'weeet! for Allulose, Erythritol or Bocha Sweet increase the Multi-Use Bakery Mix to 1 C (125g) and press the cookie dough balls down with your palm before baking. Cool completely before moving. To substitute S'weeet! for real Sugar use 1/2 C (the weight is about the same as 3/4 C of S'weeet! 105g) and increase the Bakery Mix by 1-2 T.