THIS IS A GUEST POST Courtesy of Debbie Kotchey @deb.makes.lowcarb.delish.
NOTE: It's best to use a kitchen scale whenever possible. If you don't yet own a scale, these recipes are based upon 'lightly packed' measuring cups, so whether you use the 'dip and sweep' method of measuring or the 'spooning into the cup' method, always gently press down on the mix in the measuring cup and add more to fill the cup, as necessary.
TIP: You may want to serve these right away, if they sit for a few hours they will lose their crispiness a bit. However, I did find you could freeze them (with no topping) and reheat in the toaster oven or air fryer before serving.
2/3 C MULTI-USE PASTA MIX (83g)
2 Eggs (100g)
1/2 C Water (120g)
1. Mix the ingredients together in a small food processor or hand blender until a sticky dough forms.
2. Let the dough rest 15-20 minutes.
3. Transfer dough to a piping bag with a large fluted tip and pipe into doughnut-sized circles onto squares of parchment paper. (You can cut them yourself, or buy 4x4" squares on Amazon)
4. Transfer squares onto a baking sheet and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
5. In the meantime, pour vegetable oil (or coconut oil) into a pot with high sides so there's at least 3 inches of oil. Heat oil to 325° to 350°F.
6. Lay the crullers, along with the parchment paper square, one by one into the hot oil, dough side down.
7. Fry for about 30 seconds, then slowly remove the parchment paper with tongs, flip the cruller over and fry another 30 seconds until golden brown and crispy.
8. Remove to paper towels to drain.
9. Transfer to a cooling rack and sprinkle with powdered sweetener (or glaze).
Best served warm right after sprinkling with the sweetener!
NOTES: You can fry more than one at a time in a larger pot. You could also add a few drops of Monk Fruit or Stevia to the dough before frying.