THIS IS A GUEST POST Courtesy of Debbie Kotchey @deb.makes.lowcarb.delish.
NOTE: It's best to use a kitchen scale whenever possible. If you don't yet own a scale, these recipes are based upon 'lightly packed' measuring cups, so whether you use the 'dip and sweep' method of measuring or the 'spooning into the cup' method, always gently press down on the mix in the measuring cup and add more to fill the cup, as necessary.
2/3 C MULTI-USE PASTA MIX (83g)
2 Eggs (100g)
1/2 C Water (120g)
1. Mix the ingredients together in a small food processor or hand blender until a sticky dough forms.
2. Let the dough rest 15-20 minutes.
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
4. Drop heaping tablespoons of mix onto the parchment paper, shaping a bit so they are round and somewhat mounded.
5. Bake at 325 degrees for 18 minutes. At this point, open the oven and remove the pan, and gently poke a hole with a toothpick in each puff.
6. Place pan back in the oven for another 10-13 minutes, or until golden. Turn off oven, and leave puffs in the oven for another 15 minutes, will oven door closed. They should be golden and crisp and sound hollow when you tap on them. Allow to cool completely.
Once cool, fill each puff with sweet whipped cream or pastry cream.
TO ASSEMBLE: Slice each puff in half, place filling on bottom half of puff, place top of puff onto the filling, and dust with powdered sweetener.