NOTE BEFORE STARTING:
1. It's best to use a kitchen scale whenever possible. If you don't yet own a scale, these recipes are based upon 'lightly packed' measuring cups, so whether you use the 'dip and sweep' method of measuring or the 'spooning into the cup' method, always gently press down on the mix in the measuring cup and add more to fill the cup, as necessary.
2 C MULTI-USE BAKERY MIX (250g)
1/2 C S'WEEET! Sweetener Blend (70g)) *see below for substitutions
2 t Baking Powder
3 Over-ripe Bananas, mashed (about 300g)
1/2 C Milk of choice (120g)
2 t Vanilla
1 C Chopped Walnuts or Pecans
1. Pre-heat your oven to 350°F and line or generously butter/oil your cupcake pan for 6-8 cupcakes.
2. Whisk together the dry mix, sweetener and baking powder.
3. In another bowl, combine banana, milk and vanilla.
4. Combine the dry ingredients with the wet stirring until well combined.
5. Let the batter rest a few minutes, then stir in the chopped nuts.
6. Divide the batter into 6-8 portions, mounding a bit for 6 large muffins.
7. Bake 28-32 minutes.
SWEETENERS VARY tremendously and will affect the outcome of all baked goods, especially cookies.
We suggest using our new sweetener blend, S'WEEET!, real sugar, or a substitute such as Swerve, Lakanto's Baking Blend, or Mrs. Jones blend (which contains sugar). If you prefer to bake with a liquid sweetener, you will likely need to add a 1-2 T more Bakery Mix. Allulose and kabocha-based sweeteners (Bocha Sweet) will make baked goods very soft and not crispy. Erythritol can make them firm and more crumbly.