We suggest using our new sweetener blend, S'WEEET! for our cookie recipes. It makes the best cookies!
1. It's best to use a kitchen scale whenever possible. If you don't yet own a scale, these recipes are based upon 'lightly packed' measuring cups, so whether you use the 'dip and sweep' method of measuring or the 'spooning into the cup' method, always gently press down on the mix in the measuring cup and add more to fill the cup, as necessary.
2. We suggest baking off one cookie before baking the entire batch. This way, if you use substitutions (ie different sweeteners) or you don't weigh your ingredients, you can adjust the dough with a tablespoon more mix if the cookie is too flat, or add a little more soft butter or 1-2 tsp of liquid if the cookie doesn't spread enough. See below for *Sweetener Substitutions.
1 1/2 C MULTI-USE BAKERY MIX (187g)
3/4 C S'WEEET! Sweetener Blend (105g) *see below for substitutions
6 T Soft or melted Palm Shortening (84g)
2 T Water or Milk of choice (30g)
1/2 t each Vanilla and Almond Extract
NOTE: If vegan isn't important to you, you can use 1 stick of butter to replace the shortening and omit the water. Add one egg yolk and proceed with the directions below.
1. Pre-heat your oven to 350°F.
2. In a medium size bowl, combine the Sweetener and Bakery Mix.
3. In another bowl combine the shortening, water or milk, and extracts and mix until well combined.
4. Combine the wet and dry ingredients together and let the dough rest in the refrigerator until firm enough to handle.
5. Portion onto a greased or lined sheet pan and roll into balls and gently press them down with your palm (if desired) or roll-out 1/2 the dough between two sheets of parchment paper and cut into shapes. (keep the other half in the refrigerator until the first half is done).
6. Bake about 10 minutes.
1. Pre-heat your oven to 350°F.
2. In a medium size bowl, combine the sweetener with the Bakery Mix.
3. Add the egg, butter and extracts and mix until well combined.
4. Stir in the chocolate chips and let the dough rest 10 minutes, For thicker cookies refrigerate the dough an hour.
5, Portion onto a greased or lined sheet pan and roll into balls.
6. Bake about 13 - 15 minutes.
For thin, crispy cookies, flatten the dough balls and bake at 325°F until a deep golden brown.
*SWEETENERS VARY tremendously and will affect the final outcome of ALL baked goods.
We suggest using our new sweetener blend, S'weeet!, real sugar or a substitute such as Swerve (IMO + Erythritol) Lakanto's Baking Blend, or Mrs. Jones blend (which contains sugar). If you prefer to bake with a liquid sweetener, you will likely need to an add additional 1-4 T Bakery Mix. Allulose and kabocha-based sweeteners (such as Bocha Sweet) will make baked goods very soft and not crispy. Erythritol can make them firm and more crumbly.
*SWEETENER SUBSTITUTIONS: To substitute S'weeet! for Allulose, Erythritol or Bocha Sweet increase the Multi-Use Bakery Mix to 2 C (250g). Cool completely before moving. To substitute S'weeet! for real Sugar use 1/2 C (the weight is about the same as 3/4 C of S'weeet! 105g) and increase the Bakery Mix by 1-2 T.