IMPORTANT NOTES BEFORE STARTING:
1. It's best to use a kitchen scale whenever possible. If you don't yet own a scale, these recipes are based upon 'lightly packed' measuring cups, so whether you use the 'dip and sweep' method of measuring or the 'spooning into the cup' method, always gently press down on the mix in the measuring cup and add more to fill the cup, as necessary.
2. Liquid egg whites in the carton are easy to use when the recipe calls for several egg whites.
3. To bring eggs to room temperature quickly, set them in a glass of very warm water. INGREDIENTS
1 2/3 C MULTI-USE BAKERY MIX (208g)
1 t Baking Powder (optional)
4 Lg Eggs (200g)
1 C Milk (240g)
Makes 12 - 16 4" Pancakes
For thicker pancakes add more mix. For thinner pancakes add more liquid. Cream, nut milks, buttermilk, juice/water can replace milk. Add optional additions such as: Monk fruit drops or sweetener, vanilla extract, cinnamon, lemon juice/zest, blueberries, chocolate chips or melted butter.
1. In a medium-size bowl, whisk together the Multi-Use Bakery Mix and baking powder (if using). Add the eggs and milk and whisk until smooth.
2. Let the batter rest a few minutes while the pan heats, then whisk again.
3. Add 2 - 3 tablespoons of batter onto a lightly greased or non-stick skillet.
4. Cook over low to medium heat until pancakes are firm in the middle and golden brown, about 3 - 4 minutes per side.