IMPORTANT TIPS BEFORE STARTING :
1. It's best to use a kitchen scale whenever possible. If you don't yet own a scale, these recipes are based upon 'lightly packed' measuring cups, so whether you use the 'dip and sweep' method of measuring or the 'spooning into the cup' method, always gently press down on the mix in the measuring cup and add more to fill the cup, as necessary.
2. Ovens vary, so bake times may need to be adjusted.
3. Re-crisp the crusts in a 400° oven for about 10 minutes.
1 3/4 C MULTI-USE PIZZA & WRAP
3/4 C Room Temperature Water (177g)
1 Egg (50g)
1 T Butter or Olive Oil (15g)
1. Pre-heat oven to 375° and generously grease a casserole dish, deep-dish pie pan or a cast iron skillet with olive oil. Sprinkle salt and garlic powder over the oil.
2. In a medium-size bowl, combine the Pizza & Wraps Mix with the egg whites and butter/oil, mixing with your fingers or hand-held mixer.
3. Let mixture rest 10 minutes to absorb the liquids then knead and squeeze the dough until it becomes a soft ball.
4. Use a spatula to scrape onto your work surface lined with plastic wrap or parchment paper,
5. Use damp hands to shape into a disc, sprinkle with water to prevent sticking and cover with more paper.
6. The dough will roll out between two sheets of parchment paper or you may prefer to just press it into your pan. In that case press about half the dough on the bottom and use the other half roll into a 'rope' and press up the sides of the pan.
8. If you roll the dough out you can use the parchment paper or cling wrap to help transfer to your pan.
9. Once the crust is in the pan, sprinkle a cup of grated mozzarella cheese on the bottom, add cooked and drained seasoned ground meat or sausage, sauteed mushrooms, onions, black olives, etc.
Cover with pizza sauce or seasoned and drained crushed tomatoes.
10. Bake at 350 F for 30 - 40 minutes and sauce is bubbling.
11. Remove from oven, top with more cheese and return to the oven until melted.
12. Let set up a few minutes before slicing.