1 C S'WEEET! Sweetener Blend (140g)
1/3 cup softened Cream Cheese (80g)
1/2 stick Salted Butter (56g)
2 T Cream (30g)
1/2-1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2-1 t Almond Extract
pinch of Sea Salt
1. In a medium-size microwave safe bowl, soften the cream cheese and butter until just warm to the touch.
2. Transfer to the bowl of your stand mixer and use the whisk attachment to whisk in the milk/cream, and extracts until combined.
3. Add half of the S'WEEET! whisking until smooth.
4. Add the rest of the S'WEEET! all at once and whisk again until smooth.
5. For a fluffier frosting, refrigerate until cool enough to whip.
You can use a hand-held mixer, but it's easier with a stand mixer.
Frosts 12 cupcakes, 1 cake layer, or 2 - 6" cakes.
Make sure to add the liquid before adding S'WEEET!
"It won't combine like sweetened condensed milk"
A: The butter was too hot when you added the dry sweetener. Let cool more, stirring periodically until smooth and emulsified.
"Frosting is Lumpy"
A: The butter wasn't warm enough when you added the dry mix. Keep whipping until lumps disappear.
"You refrigerated it too long and it became too hard to whip"
A: Let it rest on the counter until room temperature or soft enough to whip.
While the FDA has recently re-classified IMO as a 'non-digestible carbohydrate' rather than a fiber, studies show that it creates a very modest rise, if any, in blood sugar levels. It is generally very well tolerated and does not cause digestive upset in most people as erythritol, xylitol and many other sweeteners do. Our IMO is derived from the starch of the cassava plant (tapioca) and is blended with pure monk fruit for more sweetness.
IMPORTANT NOTES & TIPS:
We've tested many sugar substitutes with our recipes and we can honestly say the S'WEEET! performs more closely to sugar in baked goods than all the others we tested.